- For White backgrounds – wear ivory, tan, white, pastel colors -especially for children
- Never wear patterns, plaids, stripes, checks, or prints
- Stay away from bright colors
- Couples or small groups should wear the same or very similar colors.
- Couples should not wear light or dark tones together (one person in light colored clothing and the other in dark tones)
- Families should wear solid colors in the same color range.
Environmental Family Portraits
- Casual clothing is best in medium tones for outdoor portraits.
- Blues are good all year; Ivory, khaki, and salmon are best in summer greens; medium tones, browns, burgundies, and grays are good choices for the fall.
- Solid colors in the same tones are best for any environmental portrait. These clothing choices will convey the “family connection".
Hair and Make-up
- Make-up should be natural.
- Lip-gloss should be avoided, as it may reflect the light and distort the lips.
- Hair should be styled the way you ordinarily wear it — your portrait sitting should not be the time to tryout a new hairdo.
- Men should have their hair cut approximately one week before the portrait.
Jewelry and Miscellaneous
- Avoid large, sparkly jewelry, as it may reflect light and create a costly correction
- Do not wear yellow or greens for your portrait sitting
- Wear darker tones with dark backgrounds
- Wear light clothing for lighter backgrounds and fair complexions
- Turtlenecks, U-neck, and V-neck tops photograph well (make sure they are not too low or too high)
- Long sleeves are best
- Legs should be covered – long skirts, pants, hose
- Choose shoes and hose to match pants, skirts, etc. Avoid over-sized shoes
Based In Joliet, Illinois; serving all of your photographic needs
2517 Dougall Rd. Joliet, Il 60433